Last Updated on February 20, 2023 by DAVID
Sleigh beds are beautiful, classic pieces of furniture. But if you’re looking for a sleigh bed that has a more modern feel, there are a few things you can do. First, consider the finish of the bed.
A sleigh bed with a glossy white finish will have a more contemporary look than one with a dark wood finish. Second, choose sleigh bedding in neutral colors or patterns. Bold prints and bright colors can make a sleigh bed feel too traditional.
Third, add some accent pillows to the bed that have modern details like geometric shapes or metallic accents. Finally, hang some artwork above the bed that is modern and sleek in design. By following these tips, you can easily give your sleigh bed a more modern look.
- Start by painting the sleigh bed frame in a modern color, such as white or grey
- Then, replace any worn out or dated fabrics with more contemporary materials
- For example, swap out an old quilt for a new duvet cover in a trendy pattern or color
- Finally, add some modern accessories to complete the look
- A few simple ideas include adding a new headboard pillow in a bold print, draping a faux fur throw over the foot of the bed, or hanging some geometric wall art above the headboard.
You may read: How can two adults sleep in a twin bed?
Is a Sleigh Bed Out of Style?
A sleigh bed is a type of bed that has curved or scrolled head and footboards. The name comes from the similarity to a sled or sleigh. Sleigh beds can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal, and upholstered fabric.
Sleigh beds have been around for centuries and their popularity has waxed and waned over time. They were especially popular during the Victorian era when opulence was in vogue. Today, sleigh beds are once again gaining in popularity as people are looking for furniture with more personality and character.
While some may consider a sleigh bed to be old-fashioned, there’s no denying that they add a touch of elegance to any bedroom.
Don’t Miss: Adjustable Bed Zero Gravity Position
Sleigh Bed Footboard Replacement
If your sleigh bed’s footboard is starting to show its age, you may be considering a replacement. But before you start shopping around, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, measure the footboard and make sure you know the exact dimensions you need.
You don’t want to end up with a replacement that’s too big or small for your bed. Second, take a look at the overall design of your sleigh bed and make sure the new footboard will match. You may love the look of a certain style of footboard, but if it doesn’t fit with the rest of your bed it will stick out like a sore thumb.
Finally, think about what material you want your new footboard to be made from. Wood is always a popular choice, but metal can also be very stylish. And if you’re looking for something a little different, there are even options made from glass or fabric.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’re ready to start shopping for your new sleigh bed footboard!
You may read: How Do I Know If My Fiberglass Bed is Leaking?
Can I Paint My Sleigh Bed?
How To Paint A Sleigh Bed With Modern Colors?
Make sure to use several light coats of paint so that the final product has an even finish. Follow the following steps:
- Begin by sanding down the bed frame with a medium-grit sandpaper
- This will help to create a smooth surface for the paint to adhere to
- Once the frame is sanded, wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove any dust particles
- Next, apply a primer to the frame using a roller or brush
- Be sure to cover all areas evenly and allow the primer to dry completely before moving on to painting
- For the main coat of paint, choose a modern color that will complement your bedroom décor (light blue, grey, white)
- Apply the paint evenly with a roller or brush, and allow it to dry completely between coats if necessary
- Finally, add any desired finishing touches (stenciling, gold leaf) and let the paint dry completely before using the bed again.
Check out: Twin bed vs Double bed Comparison
David is a Certified Sleep Science Coach who analyzes sleep products and appears. He completed his master’s degree in journalism Industry from University of Hawai’i. He wants to make sure good night’s sleep for all.