Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by DAVID
If you’re not happy with your Costco mattress purchase, don’t worry! Costco has a very generous return policy that allows you to return most items within 60 days for a full refund.
However, there are a few exceptions to this policy. For instance, mattresses can only be returned within 30 days and must be picked up by the customer. Additionally, electronics must be returned within 90 days and TVs must be picked up by the customer.
While these restrictions may seem strict, they’re actually quite reasonable when you consider the amount of time it takes to make a major purchase like a mattress or television. So if you’re not happy with your purchase, don’t hesitate to take advantage of Costco’s return policy – it’s one of the best in the business!
Can I Return a Mattress to Costco After 2 Years?
It’s no secret that mattresses can be expensive. So when you find a good deal on a mattress, it’s tempting to jump on it – even if you’re not entirely sure it’s the right one for you. But what happens if you buy a mattress from Costco and then decide you don’t like it after all?
Can you return it? The short answer is yes, but there are some caveats. According to the Costco return policy, you can return most items within 90 days for a full refund.
However, this doesn’t apply to mattresses (or other large items like furniture). For these items, Costco allows returns at any time – as long as the item is “unused and in good condition.” Of course, this raises the question of what exactly “unused and in good condition” means.
If you’ve slept on the mattress for a few nights and decide it’s not comfortable, can you still return it? The answer appears to be yes – as long as there are no visible signs of wear and tear, such as stains or tears in the fabric. Basically, if the mattress looks like new, you should be able to return it.
There is one other important thing to keep in mind when returning a mattress to Costco: You will need to present a valid receipt or packing slip in order to get a refund. So if you bought your mattress 2 years ago and don’t have either of these things anymore, unfortunately you’re out of luck.
How to Return a Foam Mattress to Costco?
Are you unhappy with your current mattress? If so, you may be wondering how to return a foam mattress to Costco. Costco is a popular retailer that sells both innerspring and memory foam mattresses.
Here are a few tips on how to return a foam mattress to Costco:
- Keep your receipt: You will need your receipt in order to return the mattress. So make sure you keep it safe and accessible. If you do not have your receipt, Costco may still be able to process the return but it will likely take longer and be more difficult.
- Call customer service: Before bringing the mattress back to the store, it is best to call Costco customer service at 1-800-955-2292. They will be able to give you specific instructions on how to proceed with returning your mattress.
- Bring the mattress back during business hours: Once you have called customer service and gathered all the necessary information, bring the Mattress during business hours back into any open Costco warehouse. Make sure that you bring any documentation that they may require such as your original sales receipt or packing slip.
- Be prepared for a restocking fee: In many cases, there will be a restocking fee of 10-15% when returning a mattress. This is because mattresses are considered special order items and they cannot be resold as new once they have been used/opened.
- Check if there is anything else required: Depending on why you are returning the mattress, there could be other requirements such as having the original packaging or meeting certain hygiene standards. Be sure ask about these things when speaking with customer service so that you can prepare everything in advance.
- Follow up after returning the item: After returning the item, it is always best practice follow up with customer service via phone or email just to confirm that they received everything and processed the return correctly.
Costco Mattress Warranty
When it comes to finding the perfect mattress, few brands are as trusted as Costco. Offering a wide selection of both traditional and memory foam mattresses, Costco has something for everyone. But what about when something goes wrong with your mattress?
That’s where the Costco Mattress Warranty comes in. The Costco Mattress Warranty is one of the most comprehensive in the industry, offering full coverage for any defects in materials or workmanship for up to 20 years from the date of purchase.
So whether you’re looking for a new mattress or just need some peace of mind, be sure to check out the Costco Mattress Warranty. It’s one of the best ways to protect your investment and sleep soundly knowing that you’re covered.
What Does Costco Do With Returned Mattresses?
So, what does Costco do with all those returned mattresses? Most of them are donated to charity. In fact, Costco has partnered with over 30 different charities across the country to donate returned merchandise.
This allows them to keep costs low and help those in need. If a mattress is too damaged to be donated, it will be recycled. The steel springs are separated from the rest of the mattress and recycled into new products.
The wood frame is also recycled or used as fuel for power plants. Finally, the fabric is shredded and used as insulation or stuffing for other products. So, next time you’re thinking about returning something to Costco, remember that your return helps others in need!
Costco has a great return policy on mattresses- you can return it at any time for any reason and they will give you a full refund. This is an amazing policy that makes Costco one of the best places to buy a mattress.
David is a Certified Sleep Science Coach who analyzes sleep products and appears. He completed his master’s degree in journalism Industry from University of Hawai’i. He wants to make sure good night’s sleep for all.