Last Updated on December 11, 2022 by DAVID
If you have a memory foam mattress topper, you want to make sure that you store it properly so that it will last for a long time. Here are some tips on how to store your memory foam mattress topper: First, find a storage space that is cool and dry.
Memory foam can be damaged by heat and moisture, so you want to avoid storing it in an attic or garage. Second, wrap the memory foam in a clean sheet or another piece of fabric.
Third, place the wrapped memory foam in a plastic bag. This will further protect it from moisture and help keep its shape. Fourth, if possible, store the memory foam in its original packaging. This will provide the best protection against damage.
What is the Best Way to Store a Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
Assuming you’re not using your memory foam mattress topper year-round, the best way to store it is by rolling it up tightly and placing it in a plastic bag. This will protect the foam from dust, debris and moisture while it’s in storage. If you have the space, storing the mattress topper in a cool, dry place is ideal.
A closet or unused room is perfect. Just be sure to check on the mattress topper every few months to make sure it’s still in good condition.
You may like: How to stack two mattresses?
How Do You Pack a Mattress Topper Without a Vacuum?
A mattress topper is a great way to add an extra layer of comfort to your bed. But if you don’t have a vacuum, how do you pack it up for storage or moving? Here are some tips for packing a mattress topper without a vacuum:
- Fold the topper in half lengthwise. This will make it easier to carry and will prevent it from unfolding during transport.
- Place the folded topper inside a large garbage bag or plastic sheeting. Seal the bag or sheeting tightly around the topper using tape or ties.
- If possible, store the packed mattress topper in a cool, dry place until you’re ready to use it again. This will help keep mildew and mold from growing on the Topper while it’s in storage.
You may read: When you should wash your comforter?
How Do You Store a Foam Mattress in a Storage Unit?
If you’re planning on storing a foam mattress in a storage unit, there are a few things you’ll need to do to ensure the mattress stays in good condition. First, make sure the storage unit is clean and dry before bringing the mattress inside. Place the mattress on a pallet or raised platform to keep it off the ground and away from moisture.
Next, cover the mattress with a breathable fabric like canvas or muslin. Finally, seal up the storage unit tightly to keep pests and dust out.
You may read: How to Make Memory Foam Expand Faster?
How to Compress Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
Assuming you want a step-by-step guide on how to compress a memory foam mattress topper:
- Start by removing the mattress topper from the bed. If it’s still in the package, open it up and take it out.
- Lay the mattress topper flat on the ground, preferably on a clean surface like a garage floor or driveway.
- Using your hands or feet, start pressing down on the mattress topper in different areas so that it starts compressing evenly.
- Once the mattress topper is compressed enough, fold it in half lengthwise so that it’s easier to carry.
- Place the folded mattress topper into a storage bag or box that’s big enough for it. You may need more than one storage bag depending on the size of your mattress topper and how much space you have available.
David is a Certified Sleep Science Coach who analyzes sleep products and appears. He completed his master’s degree in journalism Industry from University of Hawai’i. He wants to make sure good night’s sleep for all.